Okay, that little snowstorm I wanted - it turned into Snowmaggedon.
Here's what it was like in the early stages:
Before the 6 inches and the crust formed.
It was so pretty and then it turned into Icemaggedon!
So pretty yet so destructive.
She who is to be respected, Mother Nature,
speaks with a loud and windy voice today.
We hope she spares us more of her editor's red pen,
but just in case we didn't get the message,
She has sent Old Man River to keep us humble and alert.
Here's what I learned from snow day 1, 2 & 3:
1. Learn how to get around your house in the absolute dark
(or otherwise known as - always put your "stuff" away in it's proper place
just in case.)
2. If they say a storm is on the way - take a shower and wash your undies.
3. Shave your legs while you are at it.
You never know how desperate and cold you might get.
(While you can always add perfume,
the stubble is hard to conceal even through thick leggings.)
Of course if it is only the cat or dog, perhaps then it is optional.
4. Remember that cooking on the wood stove takes longer.... lots longer.
5. Before the next storm learn how to play more games than skipbo if
you want to avoid playing cribbage.
6. Be more appreciative for -
hot food, hot water, and hot wires (electricity.)