Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring

After a very long winter of political outrage, a cold/cough that took a month to recover and then a frantic effort to make some books for this year's Puget Sound Book Artist Exhibition I finally noticed it was spring. It is our tradition to celebrate by going north to Skagit Valley to see the daffodils.

The dark low hanging clouds made the skies dramatic. Of course we bring our boots. The puddles on the edge of the fields were as muddy as ever and our favorite garden store, Christianson's, was beautifully decorated. A walk through the greenhouses inspires the camera and stimulates ideas for ones own garden.









The swans are present but no snow geese this time. 




Here are the books I entered in PSBA's member exhibit. 
This year it is a themed show called Northwest Musings.

This one I call Home
These are the birds that kept me company 
while I watched CNN, MSNBC, Fox, BBC, NHK, 
and if I felt wild I would look at RT 
just to balance out the political craziness. 
Somehow it felt like my civic duty to stay informed. 
I watch less now. 
I have made my mind up. 



This one is called "A Wish for Democracy"
It was the result of a participatory project at my local library. 
The book was designed around the comments 
on democracy by ninety three library patrons
 from January 20 (Inauguration Day) to February 20 (President's Day). 
This was my first collaboration and my first edition book of 4. 



This set is called Snap 1 & 2
It is a photo montage of the Pacific Northwest. 
It isn't a new set of book but it fit the theme. 




1 comment: