Sunday, April 7, 2024

Rosita's Guide to Time Travel

Rosita's Guide to Time Travel is my latest work. 

I didn't think it was going to happen. 

Sometimes the weight of the world in addition to coping with life's happenings (two passings, a surgery for my spouse and my reaction to all of it) was too much. When that happens...

You simply have to hit the pause button. 

My time was spent in quiet solitude, just being, listening to the rhythm of the earth. 
It restored my spirits. 

When the lights came "back on" I tried to make some art but was stymied.
The exhibition theme Time Travel released too many ideas and now no time. 

Finally my muse took pity on me and jumped in, compass in hand.

 I like to think of it as a collaboration, even though she led the way.

Who knew it is so easy to Time Travel?
You really don't even need a machine, or a Lamborghini car
Or any of that nonsense. 
You only need yourself, a journal, and a few readily available tools. 
Truth is - you don't even need to leave the house
or you can do it where ever you are. 



So frustrating the video doesn't show - grumble.
Just tap on the you tube name on the screen and it 
will take you there. 
 




Rosita, and her small guide book, suitcases and display folder have been accepted 
into the Puget Sound Book Artists Membership Exhibition 2024. 
The display will be held from June to August 2024 at the Collins Library at the 
University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment