Monday, August 26, 2013

Adventure is Out There!

Our bags are packed, we're ready to go. Look out world here we come. We will be gone for almost a month. Yup, recent events have made us realize it is important to start checking things off our own "lists" and stop postponing or procrastinating.
I hope to be recording and drawing all along the way. Here are my travel essentials:
watercolor journal, writing journal, watercolors and water brush, colored pencils, 2 "flight" pens, click pencil, grease pen, sharpie, and a tiny pair of scissors.



This week on the way from my studio back to the house I saw this little tiny feather laying on the trail. Oh, delight! I love black and white feathers! It was only when I got up close did I see the little heart. How special is that! Who would have known that not only do flickers have spectacular orange and black striped feathers but also ones decorated with hearts. I am so glad we keep the suet feeders filled - even in summer.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment