Friday, July 19, 2024

Meet me in the Meadow

 Meet me in the meadow where the wild grasses grow....


Somehow No Mow May turned into June, 
but by 4th of July and all it's crazy bombs bursting in air (on my street)
 the meadow had to be cut. That was a very sad day indeed. 
Even the crows gathered round to pick up the pieces.

It did however spur on a project that has involved a lot of field work, plant Id, herbarium work, mapping, recording, studying and making lists. 
There are some really interesting paths for the future just waiting to be explored.
Like landscape work, art work, writing and finding the spirit of the land. 

I call this project my journey of learning. all self-directed by myself. 
Each day, I simply begin by pointing myself down one of the many paths that this project has created. 
I am free to pick up something different to work with or to study. 
Or I can continue on the same course, or work on an entirely new idea. 
Now that is what I call freedom!


The project might also stimulate the economy as I have broken my latest rule and bought paper. 
Okay, it was different than the drawers of paper I already had. Then too there is a desire for 
a flexcam microscope. I don't know if they even make them anymore. Time to research it.
I have re-discovered my Schaffer writing pens, dissection tools, magnifiers, and more. 
Shuuu... yes, it's pure play, so don't tell anyone.
 I keep telling everyone it is my WORK. 
hee, hee
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment